Senior Systems Engineer / Defence / Berkshire / Security Cleared
Position – Senior Systems Engineer
Rate – Up to £80 Per hour (DOE) Umbrella Co
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Location – Aldermaston, Berkshire – some travel required
Determination – Inside IR35
Duration – TBC
Industry – Defence / Nuclear
- To Engineering Task/Project Manager for planning and execution of tasks in order to deliver specific agreed objectives; demonstrating control of cost, quality and timeliness of engineering output.
- Lead and influence collaborative working and contribute towards the achievement of project goals.
- Provide mentorship and supervision of staff working in systems engineering.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Elicit, analyse and translate stakeholder needs into technical requirements.
- Undertake requirements derivation, architecture development and system simulation.
- Undertake modelling and simulation to explore problem space and potential system solutions.
- Undertake requirements verification and validation and support technology teams’ derivation of verification and validation events, test cases, test plans and test specifications, to support integration activities.
- Perform or lead trade studies and analyse the relative benefits/merits of competing solutions.
- Lead the development and delivery of viable technical solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Manage and develop long term plans in support of life-cycle phases using Systems Engineering best practice.
- Support process capture, implementation and improvements for integrating the sub-systems.
- Support project reviews for internal programmes and external contracts, including providing written reports and verbal briefs to management and stakeholders.
- Maintain and promote awareness of Systems Engineering best practice and wider systems issues.