Quality Engineer – Nuclear – Cumbria (Remote) – 3/6 month contract
Job Title – Quality Engineer
Client – Nuclear Waste Services (NWS)
Rate – Up to £450 per day (DOE) Umbrella Co
Hours – Typically 40 hours per week
Location – Cumbria (site based once a week or once a fortnight, rest remote working)
Determination – Inside IR35
Duration – Minimum until March 2024 (3 month contract) likely extension
Industry – Nuclear
Security Clearance – Live and active SC or DV Security Clearance
As a Quality Engineer in the nuclear waste industry, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and improving the clients Integrated Management System (IMS) to meet the highest quality, safety, and regulatory standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the management, development, and continuous improvement of IMS documents in accordance with the Integrated Management System Manual.
- Providing support for training, skills development, and tools for roles associated with Quality Management System (QMS) and ensuring a safe working environment.
- Collaborating on the management, development, and continuous improvement of the Nuclear Waste Services (NWS) IMS to align with business needs and meet the requirements of regulators, certification bodies, and customers.
- Assisting in maintaining certification to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and ISO 45001:2018 by working closely with the IMS Quality Manager to interface with certification bodies.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of Records and Information Management Systems to meet NWS, regulatory, stakeholder, and customer needs.
- Enhancing the Quality Department’s support service by integrating new and improved processes and services into day-to-day management activities.
- Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of computer-based information systems that support the Quality Department.
- Collaborating with the IMS Quality Manager to liaise with regulators, certification bodies, and customers as required.
- Aiding in the collation of Quality metrics and reviewing trends to drive continuous improvement activities.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience working with Integrated Management Systems and Document Control processes.
- Proficiency in SharePoint.
- Experience in Process Mapping activities and methodologies.
- A proven track record in training and delivering quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Broad knowledge of procedures and methods relevant to the quality field, with a deep understanding of underlying quality principles, tools, and techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in a professional and articulate manner.
- Experience with Lean, Visual Management, and Line of Sight implementation.
- Strong IT skills and competence in the Microsoft Office suite.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
While not mandatory, the following qualifications and experience are desirable:
- Experience working with Records Management Systems.
- Experience in auditing.
- Experience with improvement activities, including the implementation of new Management System structures.
- Experience in an industrial environment, preferably in the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge/experience of Nuclear Waste Services (NWS) and its processes.
- Knowledge/experience in nuclear waste management.
- Knowledge of Site Licence Conditions.
- Strong organizing and management skills.
- Accreditation to an appropriate professional body, such as CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) or IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors).
Active SC (Security Check) Clearance is required for this role.
If you have the qualifications and experience to excel in this position, we invite you to join this dedicated team in the nuclear waste industry and contribute to the safe and responsible management of nuclear waste. Your commitment to quality and safety is crucial in ensuring the success of the mission.