Senior Data Engineer – MOD – Andover (hybrid) – STC
Job Title – Senior Data Engineer
Client – MOD
Rate – Up to £700 per day (DOE) Umbrella Co
Hours – Typically 40 hours per week
Location – Andover, Hampshire (Office based for first couple of weeks then remote working)
Determination – Inside IR35
Duration – Until March 2024 (3 month contract) possible extension
Industry – Defence (MOD)
Security Clearance – Live and active SC or DV Security Clearance
A&RP Evolve, an initiative originating from the Forecast and Resource Planning (F&RP) program at Fd Army HQ, is dedicated to enhancing the granularity and accuracy of demand forecasting. By developing detailed event-level activity stacks, the program seeks to enable more precise support solutions. The initiative involves automating data collection from various sources, including CHURCHILL, TAFMIS, and OPUS, to ensure comprehensive equipment coverage. We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to play a pivotal role in this transformative effort.
As a Senior Data Engineer at A&RP Evolve, you will be at the forefront of a critical project aimed at revolutionizing demand forecasting within the Army.
- Collaborating with the F&RP program team to automate the extraction and transformation of data from various sources, including CHURCHILL, TAFMIS, and OPUS.
- Ensuring the seamless integration of data feeds into Veritas via the Army Data Warehouse (ADW) and verifying the accuracy of the data feeds.
- Configuring Veritas to align with the existing manual A&RP Evolve process.
- Conducting rigorous verification exercises to compare automated data against manual activity stacks to identify missing or incomplete data.
- Leveraging your expertise in MOD IT systems, particularly CHURCHILL, TAFMIS, and OPUS, to drive the automation of data feeds.
- Utilizing your strong background in data analysis and manipulation to optimize data processing and quality assurance.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with Army HQ and other key stakeholders to ensure the success of the project.
- Applying your knowledge of equipment support planning within the Army to contribute to the effectiveness of the A&RP Evolve initiative (beneficial).
- Experience and knowledge of MOD IT systems, specifically CHURCHILL, TAFMIS, and OPUS, is essential.
- A solid background in data analysis and manipulation, with a proven track record of handling large datasets and ensuring data quality.
- Previous experience working with or within Army HQ is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of equipment support planning within the Army is beneficial, but not mandatory.