Global Head of Mechanical Engineering
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Head of Global Mechanical Engineering, leading the development of all mechanical aspects for new and supporting existing products. Contributing to all aspects of mechanical development, manufacturing and maintenance with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement with the QMS team and supporting the NPI process.
- Manage and support a Global team to develop innovative, robust and easy to use new products.
- Manage projects and mechanical engineering team to ensure new products quickly reach the market.
- Gain a strong understanding of customer requirements, to ensure that products will be best in class.
- Coordinate contractors to ensure that work is to company standards and stored correctly in the system.
- Develop new IP and ensure that it can be protected by following company confidentiality processes.
- Maintain up to date understanding of the technology sectors applicable to the company’s current and future products.
- Support and drive the NPI processes to ensure a full and complete product is released.
- Ensure that all Mechanical designs and calculations are fully documented and archived.
- Ensure that all designs are fully type approved to ensure that they meet all aspects of functionality and performance defined in the Requirement Specifications.
- Provide technical support to operations and production teams to ensure product designs are understood and can be correctly manufactured and maintained.
- Provide weekly report briefs to the CTO on task progress with regularly updated estimates of time elapsed and engineering effort required to complete assigned project tasks.
- Manage supplier relationships and work with procurement to ensure designs are cost rationalised.
- Maintain, support and administer the Product Lifecycle Management systems and processes.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and products in a faced paced environment.
- Mechanical Design Engineering
- Problem solving
- Testing, Analysis and validation
- Customer thinking
- Awareness of the market environment
- Attention to detail
Skills and Knowledge
- SolidWorks CAD
- Component drawings
- Mechanical Design
- Design & manufacture of plastic parts
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons), Product Design, or related
- Proven DFMA experience
- Minimum of 5 years working in a Product Design environment
- Very good communication skills
- Plastic injection moulding experience
- Gasket design experience
- Ability to contribute to maintenance and improvement department QMS systems, related to product design.
- Right first time mentality
- Technical experience in a relevant field
- Second relevant language skills
- FMEA experience
- Electromechanical design experience
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering