Project Management Process Lead / Nuclear – Defence / Berkshire / 18M
Job Title: Project Management Process Lead
Rate – Up to £72 per hour (DOE) Umbrella Co
Hours – Typically 40 hours per week
Location – Aldermaston, Berkshire
Determination – Inside IR35
Duration – 18 Months
Industry – Nuclear, Defence
Security Clearance – Live and active SC or DV Security Clearance
As a Project Management Process Lead, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the integration and effective governance of all Project, Programme, and Portfolio Management (P3M) disciplines within our organization. Your primary responsibilities will involve maintaining and enhancing the P3M Framework, fostering a culture of best practices, and championing the consistent application of P3M processes across the organization. You will lead an integrated team to deliver core Project and Programme Management services and support P3M Assurance activities. Additionally, you will contribute to competency assessments and the development of the Learning and Development Framework.
- Integration and Cohesion: Support the integration of all P3M disciplines to establish a cohesive and unified framework that aligns with the organization’s objectives and ensures a consistent and best practice approach to delivering programs and projects.
- Governance and Configuration Control: Take ownership of the governance and configuration control of the Project and Programme Management aspects of the P3M Framework. This includes managing associated processes, procedures, work instructions, and supporting tools.
- Community Building: Create, manage, and sustain Project and Programme Management-related communities of practice and communities of interest. These communities will facilitate knowledge sharing, discussions, debates, and feedback, ultimately enhancing the competence of the P3M community.
- Framework Integration: Embed the Project and Programme Management aspects of the framework into business as usual operations, advocating for consistent application across the organization.
- Team Leadership: Lead an integrated team responsible for delivering the core Project and Programme Management services within the service area.
- Assurance Support: Provide support for P3M Assurance activities as requested by the P3M Assurance Lead, with a focus on assuring IPC aspects of the P3M Framework.
- People Capability: Support the P3M People Capability Lead in Competency Assessments and contribute to the development of the Learning and Development Framework.
- Workstream Leadership: Lead the PMO Integrated Environment Project and Programme Management Workstream Team and act as a deputy for the IE Service Lead when required.
- Framework Custodianship: Serve as the custodian and point of contact for the P3M Project and Programme Management Framework, ensuring integration and configuration with the wider PMO framework and service areas.
- Framework Maintenance: Maintain a program for the maintenance, upgrades, and renewal of the P3M Framework. Develop and refine P3M procedures, processes, work instructions, guidance documents, and templates in alignment with corporate policies, industry best practices, and governance requirements.
- Issue Resolution: Identify and address systemic issues within the P3M framework based on empirical evidence from P3M delivery.
- Tailoring Guidelines: Develop tailoring guidelines for the graded implementation of the P3M framework during project and program delivery.
- Technical Discipline Leadership: Lead the Project & Programme Management technical discipline, including developing processes, procedures, work instructions, and tools. Ensure integration into the overall P3M Framework and provide assurance as part of the P3M Assurance Service.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Support the delivery of PMO services by providing subject matter expertise.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Coach and mentor junior members of the community to foster their professional growth.
- Continuous Improvement: Define and deliver continuous improvement initiatives for the discipline area on behalf of the Integrated Environment Service Lead.
- Competency Assessment: Support the P3M People Capability Lead in Competency Assessment and contribute to the development of the Learning & Development framework.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Candidates must be British Nationals and have resided in the UK for the past five years for SC clearance and ten years for DV clearance.