Engineering Manager / Defence / Berkshire / 12 months + Inside IR35
Position – Engineering Manager
Rate – Up to £600 Per Day (DOE) Umbrella Co
Hours – Typically 37 hours per week
Location – Berkshire
Determination – Inside IR35
Duration – 12 Months +
Industry – Nuclear, Defence
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g. tender; construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate, and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external to the client) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability within the client, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Candidates need to be a British National and have resided in the UK for the past five years for SC clearance (and ten years for DV).