Software Control Systems Engineer
Position – Software Control Systems Engineer
Rate – £505.35 Per Day Umbrella Co
Hours – Typically 42.5 hours per week
Location – Northamptonshire
Determination – Inside IR35
Duration – 12 Months +
Industry – F1 Motorsport / Automotive
I’m working with an industry-leading automotive company who are in need of a contract Software Controls Engineer to join their team working on Formula 1 powertrain projects.
You will be expected to:
The Software Controls Engineer role in Calibration and Controls is responsible for Identifying, Specifying, Developing, Testing, Calibrating and Reviewing ideas that will lead to either performance or reliability improvement on the Power Unit. A performance improvement could:-
- Be any feature that results in a track performance gain such as fuel consumption, heat rejection, drivability
- Involve working in close cooperation with Product Engineering (Electronics) to develop a system
- Be any feature that allows operational “ease of use”
As a Software Controls Engineer in Performance and Controls, responsibility for developing and maintaining our SiL, HiL and Test systems is also required in order to ensure robust and reliable operation of the PU systems on rigs, dynos or at the track.
- Software development experience from Automotive environment
- Experience of specifying, Developing and overseeing control system tests including validation tests on various platforms (HiL, Rig, Dyno etc.)
- Hardware Schematic Review experience
- Knowledge of the full software lifecycle including requirements, design, code and test.
- Experience of managing applications for high performance power unit electronic systems (ECU’s, calibration tools, version control etc.)
- Understanding of Internal combustion engine and Hybrid powertrain operation and control.
- Knowledge of automotive communication protocols (e.g. CAN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Use of calibration, diagnostic and measurement tools such as System Monitor, CANalyzer, ATLAS.
- Experience with ARM or PowerPC Microcontroller
- Software design and development experience using one or more of the following tools/languages: