Software Test Analyst
Position – Software Test Analyst
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £65.00 per hour Umbrella Co
Duration – 6 Months +
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK BPSS Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Leicester, UK
Start Date – ASAP !
Working closely with the other Test Analysts/Senior Testers/Project Members
Overview Reporting to the Test Lead as part of the delivery team, the Test Analyst is responsible for supporting the Test Team with test documentation and execution
This includes a full spectrum of current products and services, including Collaborative Working Environment (CWE), Sharepoint, E&AM, Commercial systems and Advanced data analytics and visualisation tools.
Our development teams use a range of lifecycle models including Waterfall and Agile practices. Importantly, our testers are working alongside developers as part of the same team because we believe better collaboration leads to better quality.
• Work collaboratively within the teams to support all testing activities required
• Support in the specifying, designing and executing manual functional and non-functional testing required specified to demonstrate that a correct level of quality has been achieved
• Work well with the internal Project teams showing respect and listening to what is required
• Ensure the testing principles and processes are consistently followed
• Report directly to the Test Lead with progress and challenges
• Work in a manner conducive to building positive and constructive relationships with all colleagues in particular those working in development and service delivery teams and key business stakeholders
• Contribute to the continual progression of testing using any of your key skillsets
Line Manager Responsibilities
To encourage and support the team and support the Test Analyst development within the team
Key Performance Indicators
• Completing tasks and deliverables in accordance with time, cost and quality requirements/expectations
• Communicating status of work, in a concise and informative format
• Contributing to required working or special interest groups.
• Ensuring all mandatory training is up to date
• Contributes supporting to improving the department and its practices
• Positive relations with colleagues and customers where applicable
• Demonstrating and adopting a Risk based approach to testing
• Working as part of the Team
• To be able to work individually