Mechanical Site Manager
Position – Mechanical Site Manager
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £44.00 per hour Umbrella Co
Duration – 12 Months +
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK BPSS / CTC Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Hartlepool, County Durham, UK
Start Date – ASAP !
Hartlepool Site Manager
Based at Hartlepool Power Station, the successful candidate will be responsible for technically interpreting and understanding designs produced by others and then producing a safe system of work to allow the implementation of these designs onto plant.
When supervisory and/or technician resource is mobilised to deliver these projects the successful candidate will oversee the project, offering supervision and technical input as required to ensure successful delivery. Occasional travel to other EDF power stations may be required in the course of delivering certain projects.
The Mechanical Engineer shall:
1) Report to the Hartlepool Site Manager for all matters relating to safety and quality.
2) Safely manage the delivery of assigned projects through collaborative working with other team members and station staff.
3) Supervise and/or undertake all work as instructed by the Site Manager to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Instructions/Implementation Quality Plans, Method Statement; Quality Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
4) Produce project documentation including construction plans and risk assessments as well as reviewing and commenting on contractor documentation.
5) Ensure work is planned according to station processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
6) Set working parties to work in a way that complies with both Cavendish and client requirements.
7) Brief working parties (including sub-contractors) as required.
8) Supervise and perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions.
9) Ensure documentation, including drawings and records are kept and tracked as appropriate and are updated and closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
10) Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Manager before proceeding further.
11) Lead Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.