Senior Project Manager (SkyNet)
Position – Senior Project Manager (SkyNet)
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £60.00 per hour Umbrella Co
Duration – 6 Months +
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK SC / DV Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Ashton Vale, Bristol, UK / Remote
Start Date – ASAP !
Role description / task:
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
This role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Our client is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security.
We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
• ~5-10 years of experience of managing projects, ideally within a similar industry or environment (complex engineering / system delivery, Defence, Oil & Gas, Utilities etc).
• Experience in working closely with customers in the delivery on contracted work scopes
• Experience working with senior level managers both internally and externally.
• Experience delivering solutions with a diverse team of both internal resource teams and external supply chains
• Great financial management to ensure a high level of profitability on projects.
• Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of contract and commercial management
• Have worked on multiple projects of varying types and phases of the project life cycle.
• Experience leading project staff, within multi-discipline delivery teams, providing direction and motivation.
• Strong knowledge of project management and project controls principles and practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills – communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and with external bodies
• APM PPQ or Chartered status or equivalent (desirable)
• Bristol based with some travel as required.
• SC/ DV clearance required.