Senior Firmware Engineer – Electronic Manufacturing – Midlands – 6M
Position – Senior Firmware Engineer
Rate – £650.00 per day Umbrella Co
Determination – Inside IR35
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Location – Leicester, UK / Hybrid (3 days office based)
Duration – 6 months + expected extensions
Job Outline: A senior firmware engineer is needed to help with the development of new products and adding additional functionality to existing products. All firmware is written in C either as a bare metal or with an embedded RTOS. The products use STM32 and nRF52 microcontrollers with ARM Cortex M4 RISC cores and a battery powered. The products have a number of interfaces including GPS, RF, Wi-Fi, BLE, Cellular & Ethernet. Several peripherals are controlled using I2C and UARTs.
- Responsible for the design and development of embedded firmware for monitoring equipment, working within the embedded development team.
- Use of IAR Embedded Workbench for development and debugging products built with STM32 and nRF52 microcontrollers.
- Development of user interfaces on embedded systems ideally using parallel and MIPI DSI interfaces.
- Ensure that all code is fully documented and archived.
- Ensure that firmware meets all requirements for functionality and performance defined in the specifications while meeting project timescales and cost targets.
- Maintain up to date understanding of the technology sectors applicable to the company’s current and future products.
Skills and Knowledge;
- Excellent firmware skills using C
- At least 5 years’ experience in low-power, microcontroller-driven systems
- Experience with ARM Cortex M4
- Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench
- Appreciation of Electronic Design
- RF knowledge
- MIPI DSI knowledge
- Experience with product approval processes