Head Of Operations
The Head of Operations leads the operations and programmes within Operating Plant Services.
This role is accountable for Whetstone operations, programme P&L and the maintenance and development of key relationships within EDF and other key clients. The role reports to the OPS Director.
- Accountable for leadership of safety and quality at Whetstone and across programmes.
- Responsible for P&L within the department.
- Ensure all employees are developed, utilised and deployed effectively and employee performance & engagement is maximised.
- Develop and implement plans, approaches and improvement programmes to deliver ongoing annual objectives for Programmes and Whetstone.
- Support / Lead strategic growth campaigns within areas of responsibility through the deployment of the gold and blue sheet process.
- Support bidding work within programmes and Whetstone as required to achieve order book and pipeline.
- Development and implementation of cost improvement programmes within department.
- Implementation of structured continuous improvement programme.
- Liaise with other internal functional departments in releasing new products, materials, equipment, facilities and process updates to ensure appropriate testing and introduction of improvements and changes while maintaining continuity and achievement of schedules.
- Maintain and build strong relationships within EDF and other key clients and studies/monitors key competitors and market trends and opportunities.