Position – Technical Author
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £50.00 per hour Umbrella Co OR PAYE equivalent (DOE)
Duration – 12 Months +
Hours – Typically 40 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK BPSS / SC Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Devonport, Plymouth, UK
Start Date – ASAP ?
Generate process documentation to describe safe working procedures and processes for the operation, maintenance, repair, installation or testing of plant and equipment in a control regulatory environment At this level: – Works independently with limited technical supervision on a wide range of authorisations – Reviews the work of less experienced colleagues, offers advice and guidance and counter signs work – Review and assess all case law and legal cases to understand the direction of legislation and its impact on the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Gather information for systems and plant and define authorisation requirements for the safe operation, maintenance, repair, installation or testing of plant and equipment
2. Define the extent of systems and installations for which authorised procedures and persons are required, including the extent of the responsibility of the authorised person
3. Assess and recommend sufficient authorised persons to provide necessary cover for all controlled facilities, systems, plant, installations and facilities
4. Maintain a register of authorised persons and ensure all AP’s or candidates satisfy the requirements for qualifications and demonstrate adequate knowledge of the system for which authorisation is granted
5. Review process documentation produces by less experienced colleagues, approve or modify as appropriate and counter sign documentation for further review and approval by line management
6. Monitor external best practice and developing legislation, incorporate learnings in authorisation documentation and control processes to maintain accreditation and stakeholder approval
7. Undertake scheduled review of existing authorisations and generate updates and improvements as required to maintain accreditation and registration 8. Review new legislation, regulation or revised business instructions and integrate into authorisations and authorisation procedures such that all procedures are fully up to date.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This is a senior Authorisation Author role and covers a range of activities within the Authorisation Group portfolio. At this level has a full range of skills and experiences and applies these to business areas of high regulation, complexity and business risk. The role will typically require professional registration. At this level requires significant experience as an authorisation author.