2nd Line IT Support Analyst
Position – 2nd Line IT Support Analyst
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £30.00 per hour Umbrella Co OR PAYE equivalent (DOE)
Duration – 12 Months +
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK BPSS / SC Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Stoke Gifford, Bristol, UK / Hybrid
Start Date – ASAP ?
This is an opportunity for someone to join our 2nd line service desk team. Working for the Service Desk manager within Digital Solutions you will provide 1st and 2nd level software support primarily for the Maritime CWE environment and associated infrastructure based in Bristol.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an accomplished 2nd Line Support Analyst, with experience of Incident management. You’ll be adaptable and won’t be phased by changing priorities.
Appointment to this post is subject to National Security conditions governed by the Ministry Of Defence. You must be a British born, British national (not dual national) to apply for this role.
What will you be doing?
• Incident management – responsible for the receipt, diagnosis and subsequent fixing of faults as supplied by either the Service Desk Manager or directly from users in accordance with ITIL service management and ISO20000 best practices.
• Problem Management – Responsible for providing workarounds for users and undertaking root cause analysis
• Standards and working practices – responsible for compliance with DRDL standards and working practices for Service Support and Service Delivery and not to deviate from these without authorisation.
• Contributing to the provision of Service Management reporting requirements
• New account set up, password resets and licence management
• Database manipulation (includes updates, inserts, queries and scripting) on both Oracle and SQL.
• Configuration of new and existing Oracle Webcentre communities
The experience you’ll bring
• A recent IT graduate or Application Support Analyst with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and is capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Familiarity with ITIL best practices (Foundation qualified) and ISO20000
• SQL / Oracle database knowledge
• Familiar with Helpdesk software
• Customer focused
• Can use their own discretion in resolving problems within their domain