Electronics Test Technician
Position – Electronics Test Technician
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £300.00 per day Umbrella Co OR PAYE equivalent (DOE)
Duration – 3 Months +
Hours – Typically 40 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK SC Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Guildford, Surrey UK
Start Date – ASAP ?
About the role
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence we produce state-of-the-art electronic products which are critical for the safety of our society and the protection of industry in the UK and across the globe. A rigorous manufacturing framework underpins these products, ensuring that deliveries to our customers are of consistently high quality, and ensuring our products are resilient throughout their service life.
You will be involved with all aspects of the assembly and test of our complex digital and analogue electronic products, working closely with our team of Manufacturing Engineers and Hardware Developers. You will work across all stages of the product lifecycle including prototypes, productionisation, production and support, which will help you develop a deep technical understanding of our products. You will use electronic engineering principles to identify improvements and overcome technical issues quickly.
Despite the size of the BAE Systems, you will join a relatively small and agile team of engineers and technicians specialising in high-mix low-volume production. As a result, you will benefit from a varied day-to-day workload that flexes according to the current demands and priorities. You will be mentored and receive all the training you require to perform your role successfully, through a combination of on the job or via formal training, with the opportunity to gain EngTech and/or IEng professional registration.
This is full time role, working on-site in our engineering facility in Guildford. Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, candidates must have the permanent right to work in the UK and be eligible to undergo a UK security vetting procedure.
Come and help us protect the digital world.
What the job involves
• Integrating, configuring and testing electronic products
• Maintenance of test specifications and procedures
• Configuring computer systems and ATE, including oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analysers (training will be required for all specialist operations!)
• Ensuring the correct test equipment and tools are available, fit for purpose and calibrated
• Undertaking fault diagnosis, typically with support from senior engineers
• Ensuring our production environment is safe and that operations are carried out in a safe and controlled manner
• Identifying and recommending opportunities for process improvement and cost-efficiency
• Tracking and reporting status to Engineering Managers
• Carrying out ad-hoc assignments when required and being adaptable to changing project demands
Desirable skills and experience
• Educated to Level 3 (ONC or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or able to demonstrate relevant practical engineering experience working in a live electronics production environment
• Familiarity with electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
• Understanding of electronic principles, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings, BoMs and test specifications.
• Operation of electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, network analysers, function generators, etc.).
• Experience interacting with computer systems running Linux
• IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Self-driven with an enthusiastic approach and a willingness to continue to learn and develop your technical skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills