Principal Mechanical Handling Engineer
Position – Principal Mechanical Handling Engineer
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £60.00 per hour Umbrella Co OR PAYE equivalent (DOE)
Duration – 12 Months +
Hours – Typically 40 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK BPSS / SC Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Devonport, Plymouth, UK / Hybrid
Start Date – ASAP ?
A significant programme of infrastructure investment and development is required on the Devonport site to meet the needs of the future MOD ship and submarine programmes. The 10 Dock design team are undertaking design on upgrading the existing dock to meet modern standards and support Astute Deep Maintenance Programme (ADMP).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Principal Engineer – Mechanical Handling (Staff) ?to support delivery of mechanical handling equipment within the 10 Dock Facility in Devonport. The mechanical handling equipment consists of a gantry / goliath crane, fixed pedestal cranes and alternative mechanical handling equipment for moving smaller loads around the facility.
What will you be doing?
• Lead and manage mechanical handling design packages for 10 Dock Facility ensuring Requirements are met through the design process;
• Manage deliverables through the Babcock Design process and Technical Governance process to ensure quality and consistency;
• Integration with other design disciplines to ensure that a co-ordinated Facility design is delivered.
The experience you’ll bring
• Design of cranes through design process with experience of requirements substantiation thereof;
• Knowledge of lifting techniques, process etc. within a facility based production environment;
• Design of conventional mechanical handling equipment to support production activities, focus on materials handling and flow.
This post requires a Degree in a relevant discipline and Chartered Membership of an appropriate Institution.
The post sits on the nuclear baseline so an understanding of the site licence / authorisation conditions would be highly beneficial.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.