Site Supervisor – Nuclear/Power – Hartlepool – 12 months
Client – Cavendish Nuclear
Rate – Up to £47.50 per hour (Umbrella)
IR35 Status – INSIDE IR35
Hours per fortnight – 40 hours per week
Hours per day: 8 hours per day
Contract Length – 12+ month Contract
Location – Hartlepool, North East
Security Clearance Required – SC or CTC Security Clearance required (ideally active)
The site supervisor will help deliver allocated project work from assignment to close out as part of the Hartlepool Cavendish Nuclear organisation. This will require close collaboration with the client, other team members and contract partners.
- Motivate and support work teams by ensuring that they have been set to work, understand the requirements of the work tasks and have been given an appropriate pre-job brief.
- Ensure documentation, including drawings and records are kept and tracked as appropriate and are updated and closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
- Act as the point of contact on Hartlepool power station for assigned projects, acting as field supervision as required.
- Ensure work is planned according to station processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
- Apply internal and external standards and procedures to project activities
- Ensure that those under their control understand the hazards and controls associated with the task, have received adequate training and are competent to undertake the work task.
- Oversee work to ensure that work meets the required technical and quality standards hence delivered right first time.
- Set and uphold standards and expectations in line with Company initiatives such as People Who Do The Right Thing and People Who Lead Safely.
- Oversee and set to work sub-contractors where applicable and ensure they adhere to the approved Safe Systems of Work
- Carry out regular workplace inspections making sure that work teams are supported and to check compliance with relevant Company and Customer standards, expectations, rules and procedures
- Immediately report any unplanned events or incidents to their Line Manager.
- Comply with all Company and Customer procedures, site rules and instructions.
- Ensure that work places remain clean and tidy before, during and after work tasks.
- Capture feedback and learning by carrying out post job debriefs with the work team(s).
- Leading Self: Is a role model, demonstrating Cavendish principles, promoting health, safety and wellbeing, respect and inclusion
- Leading Others: Owns the performance and development of their team members, including effective and ongoing communication and feedback
- Leading Resources: Responsible for effective planning and organisation of resources to deliver on customer promises
Experience, qualifications and Skills required:
- NVQ Level 3 / SVQ Level 3 or recognised apprenticeship training.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- EDF L3 Field Supervisor
- Demonstrable experience covering a wide range of engineering topics. Previous supervisory experience on an EDF AGR Nuclear Power Station preferred.