Principal Electrical Engineer – Marine/Nuclear – Devon/Remote – 12 mon
Contract Length – 12 month contract (likely to be extended)
A significant programme of infrastructure investment and development is required on the Devonport site to meet the needs of the future MOD ship and submarine programmes. The 10 Dock design team are undertaking design on upgrading the existing dock to meet modern standards and support Astute Deep Maintenance Programme (ADMP).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer ?to support delivery of electrical infrastructure for docking a submarine within the dock facility. The facility is being upgraded within a working dockyard and integration is required with site wide service distribution.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and manage docking & berthing design packages for 10 Dock Facility ensuring Requirements are met through the design process;
- Manage deliverables through the Babcock Design process and Technical Governance process to ensure quality and consistency;
- Integration with other design disciplines to ensure that a co-ordinated Facility design is delivered.
The experience you’ll bring:
- Design of high and low voltage distribution systems
- Design of control & instrumentation systems
- Design of Communications and data systems
This post requires a Degree in a relevant discipline and Chartered Membership of an appropriate Institution.
The post sits on the nuclear baseline so an understanding of the site licence / authorisation conditions would be highly beneficial.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.