Property / Office Project Manager
Project Manager – Office Design, Interior Fit-Out, Refurbishment and Moves Management.
We are carrying out projects in the Defence & Civil sectors in the UK consisting of specialist complex interior, office fit outs and refurbishment projects valued from £50k to £2m.
We oversee the delivery of projects from end to end, from pre-site planning and preparation to ensure designs are translated correctly into fully working solutions for their clients.
The Project Manager Role
As a Project Manager, you will be acting as the main point of contact and responsible for effective definition and communication of the scope of works. The role liaises with people from all areas and levels of the business as well as external teams of contractors, consultants and suppliers. Stakeholder management and communication are key.
• Undertake space planning, technical drawings and furniture / material selection
• Providing advice to stakeholders on space planning problems and furniture solutions
• Project managing retrofit and refurbishment projects
• Project manage moves of staff required as part of office closures or office refurbishments.
• Manage the disposal or recycling of unwanted furniture.
• Providing support to the rest of the Projects team during times of annual leave or sickness
Liaising with clients to clarify project requirements, scope and objectives
• Identifying and planning for risks and potential barriers to project delivery
• Liaising with the finance team to raise procurement requests
• Liaising with the operations team to book and manage resourcing requests
• Creating project plans and purchasing schedules, including anticipated logistics
• Working closely with our technical leads to oversee any offsite build and commissioning work
• Checking in and liaising with clients to make sure their needs are met as the project evolves
• Coordinating activities with other trades, stakeholders, and delivery partners
• Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
• Reviewing project plans, floorplans and specifications
• Flagging and proactively providing solutions to any issues and risks ahead of time
• Ensure effective management of project documentation for future retrieval
• Experience in commercial workplace / office design
• Experience of office moves
• Knowledge and understanding of UK Building Regulations
• Proven ability to manage own projects
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and MS Office
• Ability to contribute to the successful delivery of complex, small, medium and large-scale projects
• Clean driving licence
• SC clearance.
• Ability to travel UK wide and stay away from home overnight, for one or two days a few times each year.