Our client are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join us on a short term basis which may lead to a permanent role at our Yeovil site.
Support the Lead Software Engineer in the development and certification phase of an aircraft Environmental Control System Electronic Controller.
• Clarifications of design matters to enable Software V&V team to successfully develop test cases and conduct qualification testing
• Software design issue investigations, analysis and coding
• Independent flight software requirements, design, V&V reviewing and actions to achieve certification
• Support system integration testing, control laws tuning and implement SW rework
• DO-178C Documentation support for certification
Software Engineer responsibilities:
A subset of these listed responsibilities will be required to support the prime activities.
• Executing the development or verification activities for aerospace software projects:
o Work products to satisfy the objectives of the internationally recognised guidelines RTCA DO 178B/C.
o Work products to satisfy the Aerospace process requirements of the organisation.
o Ability to liaise with key engineering functions within the global Honeywell organisation.
o As a developer/verifier you will become responsible for the overall execution of the ‘Software Development Process’ or ‘Software Verification Process’ per the approved plan and the applicable processes and standards.
o Provide plan updates and complete the acceptance and approval of the work-products generated by the project team.
• Review and acceptance of system level requirements allocated to software,
• Development of software requirements,
• Selection or development of software architecture,
• Development of software design, Software implementation and integration
• Establishing and maintaining traceability between the work-products (system requirements to software requirements, software requirements to software design etc.)
• Generation of test cases at each test level to adequately verify the operation of the software and to obtain the appropriate test coverage.
• Verification of all work-products produced by the development process,
• Verification of the traceability between work-products produced by the development process.
Software Certification; for projects for which the candidate has been allocated the role of lead developer/verifier, you may be responsible for:
• Generating the Plan for Software Aspects of Certification,
• Resolving certification issues identified by the customer, certification authority or representative and
• Generating the Software Accomplishment Summary
Quality, process and productivity improvements are eternal goals; to support these the candidate may be required to:
• Investigate the causes of any software defects, report findings and recommendations to management/process groups and if necessary support process changes.
• Participate in global process improvement and standardization initiatives.
• Participate in global tool standardization initiatives.
The candidate may occasionally be required to provide support to customers (internal and external), possibly off-site.
Qualifications & Skills Required
• Degree (BSc) or equivalent in software development, maths or electronics preferred.
• Experience of developing and verifying software throughout the software life-cycle (requirements capture, specification, design, implementation, support).
o Ideally in embedded aerospace applications, though
• A thorough understanding of the ‘C’ programming language is essential.
• Demonstrable experience of DO178B/C guidelines and certification.
• The ability to read circuit diagrams or schematics and to use electronics development and test tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers etc.) would be highly beneficial.
o Serena ChangeMan Dimensions requirements management
o IBM Rational ClearCase / ClearQuest application workflow development environment
o Unicom System Architect and/or Rhapsody architecture frameworks
o VectorCAST embedded software test environment
o QA C and/or LDRA Test Bed verification tools
o ClearCAse/ClearQuest configuration tools