Mechanical Engineer – UKRI – Didcot / Remote – 6 months INSIDE
Client – UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
Rate – Up to £235 per day (Umbrella)
IR35 Status – INSIDE IR35
Hours per Week – 37 hours per week
Contract Length – initial 6 months
Location – Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot. Some hybrid working may be permitted, in accordance with work needs
Security Clearance Required – BPSS Security Clearance
We have an opportunity with UKRI for a CAD Pipe Layout Engineer working at the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source in Oxfordshire. You will be working as part of the Plant Design Team, which is responsible for the design and installation of cooling water and ventilation systems at the ISIS facility.
Scope of Services:
You will be working within a small team of multi-disciplinary engineers, and you will be responsible for undertaking all AutoCAD Plant 3D modelling. You will also be solely responsible for the administrative upkeep of our Plant 3D configuration. The work will require a communicative individual with excellent knowledge of different pipework systems; highly organized and methodical in their approach to their work. Your duties and responsibilities will be as follows (but not limited to):
- Use AutoCAD Plant 3D 2023 to produce coordinated plant and services layout models with mechanical services (e.g. water; air; ventilation ductwork; piped gases) and cable trays.
- Produce Orthogonal layouts and isometric drawings as required.
- ‘De-clash’ services and demonstrate your layout models at Design reviews using Navisworks Manage 2023. Keep stakeholders updated throughout the design process.
- Liaise with Design Engineers as well as Operational and Maintenance staff to coordinate pipework layout.
- Carry out site survey work to take measurements as necessary or organize an internal 3D scan of area. Import 3D Point Cloud scan data into your models.
- Liaise with external support consultancy with software ‘troubleshooting’ or project template modifications as required.
- Carry out 2D AutoCAD work as directed.
- ‘In depth’ knowledge of using AUTOCAD Plant 3D including setting up projects; changing project specifications; creating new components etc.
- Knowledge of different pipework systems such as, Stainless steel (hygienic; metric TRUBORE and Press fit), Copper pipework and Plastic pipework (MDPE, ABS and PVC).
- Experience designing plant layouts in a multi-disciplinary environment
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working within the nuclear or water sectors would be beneficial.
- Practical experience of working with different pipework systems would be advantageous.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Good communication skills in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Driven; Excellent attention to detail; highly organized and methodical.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or significant relevant experience.