Commercial / Contracts Manager
Position – Commercial / Contracts Manager
Type – Contract
Rate – £67.57 per hour Umbrella Co OR PAYE equivalent
Duration – 12 Months +
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Determination – Inside IR35
Security – UK BPSS / SC Security Clearance to be in place
Location – Warrington, Cheshire, UK
Start Date – ASAP ?
To provide commercial management of relevant contracts addressing all associated commercial matters in accordance with best practice methodology.
1. Provide commercial expertise and guidance to project staff and other project commercial staff
2. Undertake internal compliance, liaising with the relevant Head of Commercial and customers as required
3. Provide Commercial lead and guidance to contracts/project(s)/bids as required and set the overall direction the Commercial staff
4. Work with the Head of Commercial and relevant project/contract/bid teams to develop and drive a risk based commercial strategy
5. Participate as a key project member Team to drive performance
6. Develop key external commercial customer relationships
7. guidance and expertise, initiatives, policies and procedures across the relevant project teams
8. project teams to ensure consistency of approach in commercial awareness, and developing and maintaining positive relationships
9. Act as an escalation point within the relevant project for high risk, complex commercial issues
10. Support the budget management process by providing input into project reporting for the
11. Raise key commercial issues with higher management through both line management and functional management lines
12. Leading Self: Is a role model, demonstrating Cavendish principles, promoting health, safety and wellbeing, respect and inclusion
13. Leading Others: Owns the performance and development of their team members, including effective and ongoing communication and feedback
14. Leading Resources: Responsible for effective planning and organisation of resources to deliver on customer promises
1. Provision of robust commercial management and commercial input into the delivery strategy to meet performance targets
2. Input to commercial policy, programmes, projects, methodologies and solutions in support of relevant projects ensuring consistency of approach
3. Execution of commercial policy, programmes and projects across the relevant projects.
4. Delivery of high quality bid Gate documentation and commercial aspects of relevant bids ensuring balance of protect the business and growing the business through risk based commercial contribution
5. Ensuring compliance with the commercial governance requirements, commercial innovation in bids and contracts
6. Influencing positive employee relations within the project commercial function, to maintain and improve business output requirements and deliver increased employee engagement
7. The provision of timely and accurate commercial management information, as required, in support of bid/no bid decisions and bidding where relevant
Educated to degree level with Law degree or Quantity Surveyor qualification, or equivalent qualification or relevant experience
Significant generalist commercial experience, demonstrating proven track record in delivering on accountabilities, and more specifically on driving the commercial agenda Proven track record of delivering significant contribution to project commercial strategy, and to delivering robust commercial management on large and complex contracts and bids Proven success in commercially managing large-scale projects and complex change initiatives using appropriate methodologies
Experience in providing commercial specialist input into bids and contracts Demonstrable evidence of developing and sustaining positive working relationships including the ability to negotiate and to influence customer commercial strategy People management experience and commercial consultancy expertise Excellent NEC3 skills
Evidence of cross-Business Unit networking, delivering speedy and proactive commercial advice and knowledge sharing Experience in developing commercial and line management capability.
Minimum level of Qualifications to be verified
Educated to degree level with Law degree or Quantity Surveyor qualification, or equivalent qualification or relevant experience.