Electrical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our clients Facilities Engineering Electrical Technical Authority based at HMNB Devonport, Plymouth who are responsible for providing technical support and design services for electrical systems on the site to enable operations in support of Royal Naval surface vessels and nuclear submarines. You’ll be part of a team that has vast experience in electrical engineering systems with existing expertise in Power Distribution, Building Services and Control & Instrumentation (C&I).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for Senior Electrical Design Engineers with proven design experience in either EC&I, Power Distribution or Buildings Services Systems to be part of our multi-disciplined Electrical Engineering Group.
We are looking for a proven Senior Electrical Engineer to primarily provide professional and flexible operational through life technical support to extant facility based electrical systems.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be responsible for providing technical solutions to the ongoing operations and maintenance of electrical systems across the site coupled with providing support to the Design Consultancy function of the department whose activities are focussed on the provision of new, or modification to; designs, equipment and facilities, as well as injection of new capabilities and undertaking life extensions activities.
Core duties include:
• Maintaining configuration of technical drawings and documentation;
• Supporting fault diagnosis and rectification;
• Undertaking asset condition surveys;
• Specifying replacement equipment/components and supporting the production of configuration documentation for permanent modifications;
• Responding to formal Technical Queries;
• Design development activities.
The experience you’ll bring
• A degree in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline or a HNC/HND coupled with substantial electrical engineering experience;
• Comprehensive understanding of electrical engineering principles for developing and maintaining electrical systems, with demonstrable application for either power distribution, building services or C&I Systems;
• Proficiency in producing and reviewing electrical engineering drawings and documentation;
• Professional registration is desirable;
• You must be a sole UK national and hold or be capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance