Lead CE&I Engineer
The Plant Facing Design Office has a requirement for a Senior CE&I Engineer to provide a design service to various OUs across business and to be integrated within the multi-discipline Task Delivery Team. The role entails working as a Lead Engineer overseeing the delivery of a portfolio of work in support of the CE&I Responsible Engineer.
The scope will be (but not limited to);
To provide professional design support to the Task Delivery Design Team; typically comprising of overseeing the preparation of design packages for the task delivery portfolio programme of minor project work, along with design and engineering input in multi-discipline tasks.
The role requires leadership qualities, a self-starting approach and the ability to develop fit for purpose CE&I design solutions; providing engineer representation at client scoping meetings, commercial and design cells to enable effective coordination with other disciplines, Project engineers, construction and site wide stakeholders as required.
The provision of CE&I design support to plant engineering, with activities and deliverables typically (but not necessarily limited to): Production of technical specifications, calculations, engineering orders, basis of design documents, residual risk registers, CDM files and NFR’s; the processing of TQ’s, concessions relating to CE&I design schemes across the task delivery portfolio.
Production of design schemes and full solutions with all necessary CE&I drawings, quality documentation, designer risk assessments, OIMSs, specifications, etc. in accordance with the applicable company and national practices, procedures and standards, as well as all applicable statutory regulations.
• Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, professionally registered with a relevant professional body (IET, IMC) or actively working towards IEng or CEng
• Degree in relevant Engineering discipline with minimum of 5 years experience within CE&I design; or equivalent professional qualification.
• Competent and proven CE&I Engineer, capable of producing CE&I design calculations, scheme & detail designs who is familiar with the roles and application of the CDM regulations 2015.
• Ability to satisfy SQEP requirements for CE&I Designer as identified in SR0754 issue 2.
• Evidence of effectively working with the supply chain in delivering engineering design.
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving and ability to apply ‘Fit for Purpose Mind-set’ and ‘Engineering Judgement’ where appropriate.
• Leadership / management skills to include management sub-contractors and designers.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in undertaking site surveys
• Experience of SL management systems (SLMS) and CE&I standards.
• Evidence of having a good knowledge of Sellafield Plants and Operations
• Working knowledge of the SL design process for all stages of design (concept, preliminary, detailed through to manufacture and construction).
• Evidence of being competent in the use of CIMAGE, and AutoCAD.
• Monitored worker preferred.
• Experience of producing CE&I installation design packages including OIMSs, CDM Risk Assessments and installation drawings: BCDs, schematics, hook-ups and layouts / GAs.