Role: – Bridges Asset Manager (Civil Engineer)
Contract Length: – 12 month
Location: – 1 or 2 days a week in office based in Glasgow
IR35: – Inside
Pay Rate: – £450 per day (UMB)
Hours: – Typically 37.5 hours per week
This post is within the Bridges team of the Roads Directorate who are responsible for overseeing the management and maintenance of all structural assets on the trunk road network. The team also act as client managers in regard to the operation and maintenance function of our trunk road DBFO contracts.
The post holder will be responsible for managing the Structures Asset Management Systems (AMPS) and liaising with all parties in the operation, maintenance and continued development of the systems.
The post also involves managing our involvement in the development of structural Standards and Employer’s Requirements.
• Ensure inventory within Structures Asset Management Systems (AMPS) is complete and accurate to allow asset valuation of trunk road bridges and structures.
• Liaison with the OCs and DBFOs to ensure the records with the Structures Asset Management Systems are kept up to date.
• Development of the Structures Asset Management Systems to improve bridge management processes and decisions.
• Develop the Structures Asset Management Systems to reflect any additions and/or deletions to the trunk road bridges and structures.
• Prepare and issue structural records contained within the Structures Asset Management Systems to internal and external parties.
• Represent Transport Scotland at NHSS19A (Corrosion Protection) and NHSS20 (Execution of Steelwork) meetings.
• Represent Transport Scotland on the BCSA Bridgeworks Committee and the Protective Coatings for UK Infrastructure Group.
• Identify, develop and implement new standards and best practice guides in Scotland.
• Manage the M6DBFO Contract to ensure Transport Scotland’s obligations are met.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 21ST April, 14:00
Interview Process: 1 stage, teams