Number of roles required: 2
Start date: asap
Duration: 6 months
Location: Bristol BTC or Ashton House/Remote possible 2 days onsite
Security: SC candidates required
You will provide Electronic Warfare and Combat Management System domain knowledge for MEWSIC and the wider Maritime EW Programme acting as the subject matter expert for Babcock in liaison with all MEWSIC stakeholders.
Who we’re looking for;
You are someone who owns and delivers, who champions high performance and is courageous to challenge the status quo. You will thrive in solving complex problems, using a variety of engineering skillsets to create simple and elegant solutions.
• Broad understanding of the Maritime Electronic Warfare domain;
• Experience with the design and development of Electronic Warfare systems and the associated support systems i.e. library data/formats, mission planning etc.;
• Knowledge of Electronic Warfare tools and techniques;
• Understanding of the process of testing and integrating systems into Naval Combat Management Systems and Shared Infrastructure;
• Engineering/technical management, preferably in a position responsible for the delivery of equipment/system programmes for a MoD customer;
• Delivery of C5ISR systems across the SE life cycle, including an understanding of the CADMID life cycle and its alignment with systems/product life cycles;
• Able to understand the effect of system design and change on the cost of the development;
• Working knowledge of MoD procurement processes, project delivery practices and technical standards compliance;
• Conversant with the MoD Knowledge in Defence (KiD) framework and associated design, build, test and acceptance processes;
• The use of commercial SE and modelling tools is desirable, e.g. Rhapsody, DOORS, UML;
• Capable of undertaking and documenting detailed development activities including proof of concept designs;
Skills and attributes
• A self-motivator with good communication and organisational skills able to work independently against defined goals;
• Can maintain context and insight whilst working under pressure, demonstrating good verbal and written communication skills throughout;
• Strong Team Player;
• Candidates must be driven to complete tasks to the benefit of the project for time, cost and quality;
• Candidates must have a strong delivery and H&S ethic;
• A flexible approach and able to adapt quickly to workflow change in order to meet customer demands and project delivery targets;
• Able to fault find and recommend system improvement requirements;
• Good attention to detail, meticulous and systematic;
• Strong organisational skills;
• Able to form good working relationships with both other employees and clients.
Education and qualifications
Degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline and holds or is capable of achieving a chartered registration with an appropriate engineering institution.