CNC Turner (Night Shift)
Position – CNC Turner (Night shift)
Type – Contract
Rate – £24.26 per hour PAYE
Hours – This position is for Permanent Night Shift Working (00:00 to 07:00)
Location – Yeovil, Somerset
Duration – 8 Months +
Industry – Aerospace / Avionics / Engineering
Start Date – ASAP ?
CNC Turner – Permanent Night Shift
Our client is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems and control and data systems.
We are currently recruiting for a Skilled/Indentured Skilled worker to work on site at our offices in Yeovil. The role will involve CNC Turning of Aerospace equipment, in accordance with Manufacturing Instructions, Specifications and Customer/Regulator Requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Lead.
The position of CNC Turner holds the following responsibilities:-
• Centre Lathe Turning will entail manufacturing of parts from start to finish, to Aerospace Specifications (this will entail setting and running of bespoke work on 2 Axis Lathes)
• OCQ – Operator Control of Quality (i.e. Stamping to confirm quality of assemblies are to client and Customer standards).
• To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
• Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
• Working effectively in a lean environment.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
• Knowledge of machining, specifically CNC & Manual Turning or relative machining experience
• Knowledge of hand measuring equipment, such as Vernier, Micrometre, Thread and Plug Gauges
• High standard of Health & Safety
• Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
• Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
• Working with Designers and Engineers
• The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken
• PC literate
• The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
• Continuous Improvement
• Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, 5S, HOS Principles and general Health & Safety
This position is subject to meeting the eligibility conditions of Export Control Licenses and Technical Assistant Agreements.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our client is committed to a diverse workforce.
Mandatory Requirements: UK DBS or Disclosure Scotland Screening and Drugs & Alcohol Testing. Must have proof of Right To Work in the UK.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for Permanent Night Shift Working (00:00 to 07:00)