Senior Supportability Engineer (ILS)
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Are you an experienced Supportability Engineer?
Do you pride yourself in taking ownership of and delivering key customer ILS commitments within time and budget constraints?
Do you work well both independently and as part of a Team?
Are you committed to making a real difference to the Through-Life Supportability of a product by engaging with, supporting and influencing its design throughout its lifecycle?
We are looking for a dynamic & experienced individual who can help us maintain delivery of excellence to our customers.
Ideally experienced in the Military domain, the successful candidate will join a UK-wide ILS Team of talented Supportability Engineers who service Land, Sea & Air sectors for both military & commercial customers.
The individual will be key to the effective support of both new bids and existing products.
As part of this team, the successful individual will support and be supported by specialists in Tech. Pub’s, Training, Obsolescence, Service Solution Architecture and Product Support Engineering. Together we deliver excellence and value to our customers.
Primary Purpose of the Role
- To deliver on Supportability & RAMT Commitments for multiple Products and customers.
- Working with Bid Teams to ensure compliance against customer requirements, optimised solutions and cost.
- Working with Programme Managers to optimise the work required to meet the needs of their Customers within the available budget.
- Take ownership of successfully progressing and completing that work to the agreed budget, schedule and technical requirements.
- Teaming with ILS SME’s and the wider TSE Team to achieve contract milestones
- Work with Design Engineers and Programme Management Team to leverage opportunities, manage risks and optimise financial performance and Through-Life cost of ownership.
- The role will additionally need project specific skills and experience to enable the development of solutions in support of key bids and projects in support of particular markets and business areas.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work as an experienced Supportability & RAMT engineering team member to take responsibility for own / team work packages.
- Undertake own Supportability Engineering & RAMT activities and provide day-to-day engineering guidance to own team and direction, as appropriate, to other stakeholders in the Programme you are supporting.
- Make Supportability / RAMT engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Support own team in matters of technical understanding and support in areas of own expertise.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members.
- Manage and deliver on own elements of ILS work packages and support others.
- Contribute to relevant Thales Engineering Communities of Interest.
- Take responsibility for contributing to team planning, risk management, quality and HSE.
- Set targets for and manage own development with line manager.
- Seek & share good practice & knowledge to continuously improve own and Team practices.
- Contribute to the development & continuation of successful local supply chain relationships.
- Take and demonstrate full ownership in the delivery of all assigned commitments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Studies
- Initial Provisioning
- LSAR Database creation and maintenance (ideally ‘Eagle’) experience an advantage.
- Experience with RCM to MSG-3 would be an advantage
- Through-Life Cost and spares modelling – ideally experienced with the Systecon OPUS tool.
- Work Package Management experience.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Toolset
- Experience in effective collaboration with Design Engineering Teams and supporting disciplines.
- Experience of technical and commercial contact with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Experience in supporting bids, producing bid estimates and creating, taking ownership of associated ILS deliverables; e.g. spares analysis, maintainability analysis etc. and creation & release of formal documentation deliverables.
- Experience in ILS support of Airborne or Naval Military equipment would be an advantage.