Software Engineer *Java*
Consider yourself experienced in Software Engineering or Software Development? Familiar with Java? Want to work on some exciting defence based work for one of the biggest defence companies in the world? Read on… I may just have the role for you.
As a key member of a Software Engineering team, you’ll be working with National Security Customers to build systems that support their core mission capabilities. You’ll work as part of a DevOps team with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services.
You’ll be encouraged to identify new ways of solving problems and get to work in a range of different teams across our customer organisations. You will work in a small team given as much ownership and responsibility as you have the appetite for but part of a much bigger Engineering community to give you the support you need to grow in your career.
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Collaboratively designing and building Proof of Concept or Production systems
- Source controlling your code with Version Control Systems, for example Git, Mercurial, Perforce
- Utilising CI/CD tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bitbucket, in order to streamline delivery of new features and fixes
- Continual testing of code using Automated Testing Frameworks
- Ensuring code consistency and quality by utilising static code analysis tools e.g. SonarQube
- Team working inside an agile environment e.g. Scrum, Lean, Kanban
- Common software design patterns
- Using precedent and your own creativity to solve our client’s challenges!
It would be great if you also had experience in some of these, but if not, further development is available.
- Machine Learning software e.g. Amazon and Azure machine learning, or Google’s TensorFlow
- Deploying and managing in Cloud Computing such as AWS, MS Azure
- Containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Relational, document, or graph database systems
- Software configuration and deployment e.g. Ansible
You will work for a company who helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We’re a consultancy and products business and employ smart, motivated individuals who work together across a range of projects and products.
You must be eligible for Security Clearance to apply for this role or currently have active Security Clearance.
Sounds like the role you’ve been looking for? Send over your CV & Get in touch with Dylan Wagster at Evolution Recruitment for further information.