Nuclear Outage Scheduler – Nuclear – Sellafield – 12 months INSIDE IR3
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Client – Sellafield Ltd (NDA)
Industry – Nuclear
Day Rate – Between £38 and £42 per hour (DOE) Umbrella (INSIDE IR35)
Length – 12 month contract
Location – Sellafield Ltd, Cumbria
Security Clearance – SC Security Clearance Required so candidates must be eligible to obtain
Other Information – DBS Check and Drug & Alcohol Test required before start. Both to be funded by candidate
To provide and maintain a comprehensive planning framework for planned plant, site wide outages, delivery and support the build and delivery of long term strategy plans.
- Provide and manage the planning framework for multiple Outage programmes.
- Delivering effective planning, with a standardised approach to schedule build using Primavera P6, to allow the production and maintenance of a fully integrated schedule
- Maintain the Planning database and validate data across the systems
- Facilitate the production of the project/programme WBS structure and implement schedules into an agreed EPS database area.
- Support the development of practical solutions in Primavera P6 scheduling to prevent quality issues, re work and programme slippage
- Support development methods of schedule visibility, reporting layouts, WBS structures, look ahead filters, including inclusion into the Daily Work Planner (DWP) output and resource analysis charts
- Produce and maintain appropriate guidance instructions and training material
- Support the development for Site Performance Indicators for site wide visibility of Schedule adherence, scopes stability and resource utilisation
- Perform forensics planning, maintaining baseline dates, reporting variance, identifying critical paths and advising on acceleration/recovery options
- Identify and track all changes or potential changes to the programme baseline and subsequent underpinning of change control mechanisms
- Producing and the Maintaining of Fleet call Visual Management KPI’s
- Ability to provide cover for the Lead Planning Engineer during times of absence
Essential Skills Required:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Outage Methodology, preparation and delivery.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years hands on experience of Outage planning in an operational area. Proficient in the use of Primavera and the ability to work direct or indirect with the customer with minimum support meeting desired standards.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate key information to customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Present information to a high standard of quality within challenging deadlines.
- Take responsibility for schedule data quality.
- Proactive approach to development and implementation of improvements.
- Advise on opportunities, conflicts and recovery, through forensics planning/schedule interrogation techniques.
- Support other team members through a mentoring/coaching role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of Site Strategy, Integrated planning, structure and lifetime plan
- Knowledge of Master Production Schedules (MPS’s) how they integrate with OM&SI, in line with Site Strategy.
- Can provide evidence of participating in LFE sessions both area specific and Site Wide.
- Knowledge of Fleetcall and impact upon the Value Stream
Desirable Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of the Integrated Work Management Process
- Understanding of correct resource and application in accordance to site resource coding.
- Desire to seek opportunities outside of current knowledge base.
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering