BI People Analyst – Nuclear/Marine – Devonport – 6 months INSIDE IR35
Rate – Up to £43 per hour – Inside IR35 (Umbrella)
Contract Length – 6 months contract
Location – Devonport Royal Dockyard
An opportunity for a BI People Analyst to strengthen our People Analytics team and to join HMNB Devonport, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. A key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy. To ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying our core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
You will be supporting the gathering, analysis, summarizing and circulating of people metrics and data to HR and the business.
You will perform a critical role in transforming people data analytics capability across the business, gaining a unique insight into the workforce and engaging key stakeholders.
Your proactive information and reporting will impact future business decisions; driving the transition of the people analytics capability from ad-hoc reporting into a predictive and trend-focused approach.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the newly formed People Analytics team within Babcock and a fantastic development opportunity for anyone with a particular interest in Management Information.
The role is based at Devonport with potential future opportunities for travel to Bristol, Rosyth and Faslane if desired.
Working within the People Analytics team, you will support evidence-based decision making, which includes the provision of business intelligence and analytics.
- Engage with stakeholders at various levels in the business across multiple functions to support the strategic workforce planning for the organisation
- Support the interpretation and delivery of the customers requirement from concept to solution.
- Supporting the gathering, analysis, summarizing and circulating of people metrics and data to HR and the business.
- Identify gaps in data provision and reporting mechanisms and work with team members to address gaps.
- Cleaning and dissecting data to get rid of irrelevant information
- Assist with the data quality assurance processes that support analytics and reporting
- Design and implement automated tools using coding languages such as SQL & DAX for use in data processing and for ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Utilise reporting tools such as Power BI & Qlikview to deliver meaningful BI dashboards that add interpretative value to raw data.
- Designing, creating and maintaining databases and data systems
- Analysing and interpreting results using statistical tools and techniques
- Pinpointing trends and patterns in data sets
- Providing data reports for management
- Identifying new opportunities for process improvement
- Fixing code problems and data-related issues
- Undertake project work or special tasks in accordance with business requirements
- Uphold adherence to the Health, Safety & Environmental Polices.
- Advanced excel skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Relevant experience in BI Reporting
- Broad understanding of software development life cycle and IT delivery approaches
- Experience of data manipulation, management and reporting;
- An ability to accurately test code and dashboard functionality
- Good knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Proven skills using Qlikview & Power BI
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Success factors
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Degree level qualification in IT, science, maths or related subject