Head of Facilities Projects
I am looking for a Head of Facilities Projects to ensure the delivery of multiple large scale projects on behalf of a global Aerospace and Defence company.
You will provide strategic leadership and governance of a specific Division infrastructure development and maintenance plan and be accountable for infrastructure project management process for the division UK delivering infrastructure projects agreed by the Division.
- Responsible for financial/budget management and forecasting for infrastructure development projects.
- Manage a team of internal and external facilities projects specialists to deliver the approved infrastructure projects & act as the Civil Engineering subject matter expert advising the business in relation to Civil Engineering matters.
- Work with the LGS UK Facilities Management function to manage the upkeep of buildings, infrastructure equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that facilities projects contractors working on the LDO UK sites are appropriately qualified and supervised to ensure projects are safely and successfully delivered to the agreed cost, schedule and quality criteria.
- Responsible for ensuring infrastructure project proposals are market tested, competitively priced to ensure best value and are compliant with Building regulations and all other applicable legislation including CDM 2015.Define, agree, justify and deliver Infrastructure projects in the UK.
- Jointly responsible with the Divisional management teams for the development and delivery of the UK infrastructure strategy in accordance with corporate requirements, including ensuring adequate resources are in place and budgeted.
- Lead the generation, approval and management of a rolling 5 year infrastructure capital investment plan that captures the business investment needs for Mandatory, Maintenance and Strategic projects required to provide compliance and support the achievement of the Divisional business objectives.
- Coordinate the infrastructure capital investment plan to ensure minimum business disruption and maximum value for money.
- Lead the planning and delivery of all infrastructure projects to maintain an effective estates portfolio.
- Drive strategic and tactical development of the infrastructure improvement plan whilst taking into consideration the human and operational needs of the facilities occupants along with the intended use of buildings and other constructed facilities.
- Accountable for the definition and delivery of all infrastructure development technical deliverables providing technical assurance and oversight for entire projects in the civil engineering discipline. This includes technical assurance during the design, construction and early operational phases under the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Assist the Helicopters Division and operating sites with the optimisation of infrastructure performance and availability.
- You are responsible for the development and implementation of the LDO UK Facilities Projects Management systems in accordance with the LDO UK standardised management approach.
- Development and implementation of LDO UK Facilities Projects objectives and targets to drive continual improvement
- Responsible for tracking and managing all infrastructure projects
Educated to degree level with relevant work experience in a construction project management environment.
Hold or be working towards becoming professionally qualified as a chartered civil engineer.
Hold NEBOSH General and Construction certificate qualifications with supporting evidence to demonstrate the application of knowledge within the construction environment (Construction, Design & Management Regulations (CDM) 2015).
- Project Management qualification (APM) or equivalent.
- Fully conversant with Construction Management processes and procedures.
- Conversant with building construction and associated engineering plant.
- Conversant with UK statutory regulations concerning health safety and environment.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing methods and factory services and facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills (to support delivery of activities).
- Negotiation skills (to engage with suppliers to deliver the required outcomes).
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, SAP and Building management systems.
- Excellent financial awareness
You must be eligible for security clearance for this role.
Please contact Dylan Wagster at RTRS for more information.