Senior Electronics Engineer
I have an opportunity for an experienced Electronics Engineer, you will work on a range of areas from electronics development (hardware and firmware), system engineering, technical governance, including legislative compliance, and mentoring of a small electronics design team. The work covers both the Maritime and Land domains.
This role would suit an individual from a Defence background, focusing on either Land or Maritime projects.
- Design, Development and Review of digital and analogue circuits (from concept to final product)
- Design, Development and Review of firmware sub-systems (from concept to final product)
- Undertake design activities at both the equipment and system levels
- Meeting technical requirements through all phases of design, integration and leading to customer acceptance
- Technical governance of a portfolio of projects by acting as Design Authority or independent reviewer as appropriate.
- Undertake the duties of the Hardware lead where additional support may be required on projects, bids and product development activities.
- Make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions
- Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve technical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
- Provision of electronics engineering mentoring across project personnel
- Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improving engineering quality, efficiency and cost.
- Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant Design Review Meetings
- Support to the business development team and preparation of technical proposals when required and be able to handle sensitive information in the course of your work.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of electronics design including legislative compliance e.g. CE, EMC, RoHS, Safety etc.
- Degree level educated in a related engineering discipline
- Can evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks across projects for which you will be directly/indirectly responsible.
- Chartered member of a professional institution or working towards Chartered status would be desirable
- Have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regular communication to internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers Be able to manage, motivate and develop engineering employees to ensure they fulfil their roles and meet targets within agreed timelines and standards of quality
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to present complex ideas to all levels of the customer community and both internal and external Stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies including short periods of detached duty where necessary
- You must be eligible for SC Clearance for this role
- Please contact Dylan Wagster at RTRS for more information