Calling all experienced Systems Engineers/Architects, I may just have the role for you. This is an exciting opportunity to work Flight Avionics systems for a leading Aerospace & Defence company.
This role provides exciting opportunities for learning, development and progression within an established System Engineering organisation, and is ideal for someone with experience of the aerospace domain with Architecture and Model Based System Engineering experience, if that sounds like you.. Read on!
- Support completion of the solution operational analysis and lead on initial capture & management of stakeholder needs, system/subsystem requirements, and identifying verification and validation strategies
- Creation of solution, logical, and physical architectures (Inc. modelling or prototyping) and support to preparation of system specifications and Interface Control Documentation (ICDs)
- Responsible for development of system models, and integration of modelling components from within the team and from other project areas
- Engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the architectural model is fit for its intended use
- Liaison with Customers (internal and external)
- Preparation of Technical Statements of Work for, and management of, equipment suppliers
- Preparation of system/subsystem test and integration specifications, and performing the integration, qualification & trials of equipment installed on the target platforms
- Contributing to safety and airworthiness certification of products
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a numerate, scientific or engineering subject or higher education/equivalent training and experience
- Experience of working in the Aerospace/Avionics domain (either Civil or Military) with an understanding of the context of operation of avionic systems and relevant aviation standards
- Demonstrable ability to produce solution architectures that satisfy customer needs and are compliant to customer requirements; a comprehensive understanding of architecture frameworks, architectural modelling techniques and management processes
- Experience of architectural modelling of Systems, from operational analysis and subsequent system level architecture through to physical level architectures in tools such as Enterprise Architect, Capella, MOOD, Rhapsody etc.
- Ability to clarify requirements from, and present, visualise, interpret and summarise models to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of requirements capture, decomposition and management (e.g. in DOORS)
- Able to define and manage interfaces, partition solution budgets, and conduct effective trade-offs
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer’s requirement
- Knowledge of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles
- An ability to work with customers, subcontractors, and partners, as well as mentor internal staff members to increase engineering capability
- An ability to support bids, programmes, and modifications to operational solutions
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems, tailored appropriately for the audience
The company are a global technology leader with more than 80,000 employees on five continents. Investing in digital and Tech” innovations – Big Data, artificial intelligence, connectivity, cybersecurity and quantum technology. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on the development, delivery and support of products and programmes to a wide variety of customers in the aerospace sector; covering both the Civil and Military domains.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance.
Please contact Dylan Wagster at RTRS for more information.