FPGA Engineers (Multiple Levels)
We have an exciting opportunity for an FPGA Engineer to sit at multiple levels for a world leading specialist defence company working on mission critical and intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection, & control markets.
This is a great opportunity for a FPGA Engineer or an Existing Principal FPGA Engineer within the Defence industry to develop their career within a high-performing environment.
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Technical leadership of a small FPGA Design team, providing expertise within FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.