Devonport, Plymouth Devonport, Plymouth Location Remote
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Due to an exciting expansion of the Product roadmap, a new role is to be created to help support the Product Manager in the specification of innovative new products.
We are looking for a well-balanced Product Owner/Technical Product Manager able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations.
- Ensuring that new products are properly specified and ensuring the support documentation such as technical information and manuals are created and maintained to the highest standards.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation, to prioritise and maintain a sprint backlog for assigned products and inform product features and prioritisation
- Work as part of a cross functional project team from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Work closely with the software development team, Product Management and Customer Support Team as well as business users and Senior Management, as required
- Working with user-focused departments to define the user experience of assigned products, support, and monitoring for customers
- Developing product functionality and features into detailed product requirements – to include defining detailed use flows, user stories and acceptance criteria from high level requirements
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Understanding and translating the needs of the customers and end users of the product
- Working in an Agile environment and continuously reviewing the business needs, refining priorities, outlining milestones and deliverables, and identifying opportunities and risks.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Electronic Engineering)
- Previous experience as a Product Owner for a minimum of 3 years within a product development environment, helping drive the development of electronic devises or software-based consumer orientated light commercial products where user/consumer experience is critical. (Bring new hardware and software products to the market).
- Ability to adapt quickly and understand complex systems, new functions and features
- Be experienced in defining products in the consumer electronics space where an excellent knowledge of user experience is critical to success.
- Ability to use a systematic approach to prioritise tasks
- You must be highly analytical, organised and a logical thinker.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to produce high quality, clear and detailed documentation for internal and external audiences such as user manuals and datasheets
- Have experience of developing detailed product specifications using Agile methodologies to create ‘user stories’ which focus on the user experience of the product.
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook with a passion for product development with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Be a self-starter, able to work to a very high standard of accuracy under tight deadlines with minimal support.
- Knowledge of software and system security requirements
- Experience in command, control and/or electronic monitoring systems, ideally for maritime and/or security/defence markets
- Background in communications and monitoring systems including multiple technologies such as marine automatic identification systems (AIS) and VHF communications
- Ideally, experience in product development of both embedded software and mobile apps
Please send your CV ASAP – urgent!