Project Managers! This might be the opportunity you have been waiting for. I have a opening for an experienced PM to join a global leader in the Defence industry. Perhaps you are in a different industry as a Project Manager and would like to transition, or you are an experienced Defence Project Manager looking for your next exciting project, either-way, all applicants are welcome!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To be the prime point of contact with the Customer and the only channel through which changes to the Contract can be agreed.
- Ensure that the project is managed day-to-day in an efficient manner in accordance with the Company Manual and the project planning documentation.
- Ability to develop a realistic programme, which aligns with the declared lifecycle model, to achieve the deliverables. Implement the plan, throughout the lifetime of the project, ensuring that progress is maintained in line with the objectives.
- Report progress (SOFT Report) and financial status (PTS) to the Head of Programmes on a monthly basis and attend all necessary Management Meetings.
- To assess, review and actively manage risk.
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the team, perform the appraisals of those team members, setting objectives and monitoring their progress throughout the year.
- To assist the Marketing Department in the preparation and review of bids.
- Ability to foster working relationships with customers and pursue marketing opportunities profitable to the Company.
- To perform any additional tasks as required to meet the business objectives and goals of the business.
- Support the selection of key suppliers to the project ensuring clear requirements and milestones are provided.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work across multiple projects
- Good communication skills and with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- A team player who is action orientated and who can deal with ambiguity
- Competent user of Microsoft Project and Excel
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Full driving license
- Holds a recognised Project Management qualification such as APMP or its equivalent
- Knowledge of the IT Defence Industry and Project Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of Risk Tools and Earned Value Management & Analysis.