Procurement Operational Buyer
Procurement Operational Buyer – Luton, office based.
Rate: £16.50 per hour PAYE
Reporting to the Sourcing Leader for respective GBE, this position is responsible for procurement and tactical sourcing for the respective site(s) within scope and/or Gold Business Enterprise (GBE).
Specific responsibilities include:
– Provide support to the global strategic sourcing function to drive respective GBE growth and competitiveness for respective sites
– Buyer will work to determine potential sources of supply, solicit supplier quotations, issue Purchase Orders in accordance with Order Policy, satisfy customer need and in support of the Key Delivery Metrics and Inventory goals for Honeywell
– Work with vendors to confirm delivery status and fully manage the PO placement process
– Follow up on order confirmation
– Purchase Requisition creation
– Liaise with 3PL to ensure deliveries are on track, follow up on goods receipt
– Work on invoice resolution as needed
– Follow up any discrepancies with vendors to ensure accurate execution of agreements
– Monitor the inventory level of company’s warehouses through reviewing the system in order to take the appropriate action with the concerned stakeholder.
– Monitor company supplier’s performance through the review of the sales comparisons, inventory actual against the targeted levels
– Handling effectively internal/external customers & partners
– Carrying out all reporting requirements accurately and within the specified time scales
– Attend relevant GBE business, site and/or ISC MORs, Staff Meetings and Tier Meetings as outlined in Management Operating System (MOS).
– Partner tightly with the Sourcing Functional Leaders and Integrated Supply Chain leaders to develop strategy, mobilise commitment, drive change, and ensure execution.
– Provide oversight of local purchasing practices for the assigned manufacturing sites in the GBE region and in support of the annual operating plan.
– Ensure tight and collaborative alignment with Materials Planning.
– Ensure supply continuity for respective sites through effective partnering with ISC Materials Planning, appropriate Tiered Escalation for supply issues, and interacting directly with suppliers to avoid line stoppage and production delays
– Ensure appropriate sourcing Tiered Escalation processes, measures and metrics are in place and deployed within relevant sites and connecting to sourcing functions to drive success.
– Deployment of HOS principles across relevant sites including Tiered Escalation, X Matrix flow down, Kaizen, leveraging PMT sourcing Process Excellence or other relevant resources.
Utilising the SAP based computer system.
– Liaise with accounts department on invoice, credit blocks and other issues.
– Monitor, maintain and improve purchasing / planning functions.
– Ensure supplier delivery performance is sufficient to achieve 98% OTD – coordinate recovery plans for poor supplier performance
– Ensure that Safe working methods are adhered to within the area and participate on the Health & safety initiatives. Reporting accidents and near miss incidents.
– Ensure High standards of housekeeping are maintained in the area
– 2+ years experience in Operations and/or Supply Management
– Previous experience in global high-volume manufacturing business preferred.
– Ability to lead change; effectively establishes high performing teams and act as a role model with high performance standards.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills including crisp verbal skills plus effective listening skills; effective facilitation skills.
– Demonstrates high energy and models behaviors to motivate the team.
– Execution skills including persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organisational and problem solving skills.
– Strategic thinking skills including an ability to make sound business judgments related to strategic supply philosophies and initiatives.
– Technical skills including solid negotiation skills; excellent knowledge of operations management and supply chain processes in a large organization.
– Demonstrated capability to drive performance from large, complex global supply base.