Principal Systems Engineer
Consider yourself an accomplished Systems Engineer? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and forward thinking Principal Systems Engineer to take a support role with a global leader in Aerospace and Defence.
Individuals with excellent knowledge and hands-on experience of the full System Engineering cycle are encouraged to consider this role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Engagement with customer, suppliers, product teams and other stakeholders to ensure requirements compliance, requirements traceability and alignment with the verification, test and integration activities.
- Develop technical documentation for the overall solution, capturing the solution design artefacts as appropriate for all stages in the engineering lifecycle and taking concepts through to production (Surveys, Technical Studies, BOMs, Engineering Drawings and other related technical documentation).
- Provision of technical support to the supply chain, ensuring that the scope of supply and the system requirements are correctly flowed down to subsystems / subcontractors for all elements of the solution.
- Solution Integration planning and management to ensure that the integrated system functions as it should be in an end-to-end manner.
- Ensuring that design integrity requirements are correctly flowed down to subcontractors, and other engineering teams (Safety, Supportability, QA, Mechanical, etc.) to support engineering functions and deliverables.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to support design reviews, compliance evidences and manage risk for the overall technical solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead teams of engineers, being responsible for planning and managing the work for yourself and the team, coaching more junior team members and taking technical responsibility for delivery of the team’s work packages
- Team player, self-motivated with a pro-active approach to work and the ability to quickly develop new skills.
• Demonstrable experience in systems engineering, implementation of complex technical solutions, making engineering decisions, mitigating technical risk, and ensuring best practice is shared.
- Domain knowledge in some of the following technologies –Transport and Security Systems, Sensors, Radio comms (DMR, TETRA), Software Solutions, Information and communications technology (ICT) and Telecommunications/IT infrastructure.
- Experience delivering technical solutions, Integrated solutions, V&V activities and knowledge of international specifications and standards is highly desirable.
- Experienced in working with teams and customers transnationally.