Connected Vehicle Services Manager
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
You will lead the Connected Services team activities within Product Development
Responsible for development and delivery of connected features and TCU hardware, cellular-based connectivity and SIM management, and associated regulatory compliance.
This role aligns to the wider company Connected Services activities as part of cross-functional delivery and strategy.
- Manage Connected Service team of engineers and architects; responsible for hiring, developing, progressing and leading engineers within the team.
- Supplier management from nomination and contract through to project delivery and ongoing operations.
- Ownership of Connected Service team deliverables within the Electronic Systems and Controls department.
- Interface to cross-functional departments involved in wider Connected Car delivery organisation as SME team. Includes IT, Marketing, Aftersales, Production and Regional teams.
- Development and delivery of regulatory compliant eCall and SVT across each relevant market
- Ongoing iteration and release of OTA service and campaign management validation.
- Compliance activities for UNECE WP.29 Reg 155 and Reg 156.
- Definition of attributes concerning connected features; latency, resilience, last-mile protocols and SLA levels
- Development of mobile applications related to connected services requiring a signed-in state.
- Benchmark and analysis of trends and competitor activity, Identification of key partners, suppliers and technologies to support growth and efficiencies
- Management of multi-discipline teams within automotive, telecom or similar industry. Includes management of remote/distributed teams.
- In-depth understanding of vehicle telematic systems and protocols, including eCall certification routes.
- In-depth understanding of telecommunication systems and architectures from SIM through to RAN and Core networks
- Knowledge of IoT Systems design and lifecycle management platform integration.
- Understanding of Cyber Security concepts and principles.
- Experience of managing complex projects via Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strong commercial and supplier management skills to enable planning and delivery of multi-vendor programs.
- Budgeting and forecasting of NRE, Capex and Opex items for development, launch and operational service phases
- Experience reporting to Senior leadership teams