Engineering Development Manager – Babcock – Devonport – 6 months INSID
Client – Babcock Marine
Rate – Competitive Hourly Rate – INSIDE IR35 (Umbrella)
Contract Length – 6 months
Location – Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth
Security Clearance Required – SC Security Clearance – client will sponsor successful candidate if they do not hold SC
Job Title – Engineering Development Manager – Apprenticeships
To assess the competence of apprentices and adult trainees within the workplace who are involved in apprenticeship Standards and/or NVQ programmes/qualifications within the protocols and requirements set out by Babcock, Training Provider contractors, Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), OFSTED and Sector Skills Council for Science, Engineering, and Manufacturing Technologies (SEMTA).
- To manage the progress and conduct of apprentices and to be their reviewing manager
- To adequately prepare apprentices for their End Point Assessment (EPA) and to complete the relevant paperwork and processes to allow timely completion of the apprenticeship
- To undertake EPAs for apprentices not on the ADMs caseload
- To support apprentices from an educational and pastoral perspective
- To provide feedback to ADL, ECM, ISM and the apprentice’s employing manager on assessments, progress and performance so that if necessary adjustments can be made to training plans and/or placements or appropriate disciplinary action taken;
- Advise and educate employing managers on training and performance standards required of apprentices to meet the apprenticeship Standard.
- To assess and understand apprentices starting points through Initial Assessments and Skills Scans
- To create Individual Learner Plans (ILPs) for all apprentices in line with their Skills Scan and Apprenticeship Programme
- To calculate each apprentice’s required Off The Job hours
- To assess the competence of apprentices and adult trainees within the workplace who are involved in apprenticeship standards and/or other qualifications i.e. NVQs
- Set appropriate progress targets for apprentices and adult trainees and measure and monitor progress against these.
- Ensure apprentices are attending College and the work place to ensure completion of their Off The Job hours.
- Undertake 12 weekly review with all apprentices, their workplace manager and College tutor
- To provide feedback to ADL/ECM and the apprentices/trainee’s employing manager on assessments and progress so that if necessary, adjustments can be made to training plans and/or placements;
- Advise and educate employing managers on training and performance standards required of apprentices/trainees to meet the apprenticeship standard/qualification to include feedback of satisfaction scores to the section;
- Provide feedback to the ADL/ECM on individual apprentices/trainee’s workplace progress reviews and skills development;
- Provide feedback to the ADL/ECM on training needs shortfalls from workplace reviews to enable corrective action to be taken where required;
- Advise the ADL/ECM/ISM in support of the allocation of apprentice placements such that both business needs and the requirements of the apprenticeship standard are met;
- Generate, maintain and provide data appropriate to the apprenticeship standard, ESFA, OFSTED and awarding bodies criteria;
- Administer NVQs levels 2, 3 and 4, as well as other qualifications where appropriate, to the appropriate standards set by Babcock, Training Provider contractors, ESFA and SEMTA to ensure that apprenticeship standards are completed to quality and schedule;
- Carry out internal verification, monitoring and sampling of the NVQ/qualification assessment process;
- Liaise with Training Provider contractors and the internal/external verifier to ensure that NVQ assessment best practice is maintained;
- Ensure that all relevant information, progress tracking and any items relating to the apprenticeship are recorded on the e-portfolio system
- Conduct apprentice end of year reviews in conjunction with the ADL/ISM.
- Prepare Apprentices for End Point Assessment
- Complete End Point Assessments on behalf of End Point Assessment Organisations
- Attend regular reviews and tutor group meetings with the external training provider to monitor progress and standards of trainees;
- Provide feedback to the ADL/ISM on suitability of apprentices to be accepted into the workforce on completion of their apprenticeship;
- Provide pastoral care for apprentices.
- Take part in apprentice recruitment and selection activities and interviews.
- Any other mutually agreed task within area of competence required by the ADL/ECM within contracted hours
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship/qualification in an appropriate trade; or qualified by experience.
- Hold L2 qualifications as a minimum in Maths and English
- NVQ Assessor course;
- Nuclear: This is not a Nuclear implicated Post
- Local: Site Induction Course;
- Enhanced DBS Check – can be completed before start date agreed
- A minimum of 7 years in an engineering or technical environment;
- Competent in verbal and written communication;
- Able to effectively interface with line managers, external training providers and awarding body representatives
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite