Electric Motors Design Engineer
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Exciting, fast-paced opportunity to work within the motorsports industry on Electric Motors.
- You will be a specialist for electric motor design and system level electric powertrain integration.
- Deliver engineering excellence from concept, through prove-out, to race introduction, working closely with other departments to ensure right first time, every time.
- Convert your creative, innovative ideas into hardware that will make a difference at the race track, within weeks of being conceived
- Create and validate novel engineering design solutions, supported by right first time principles and analysis, that meet demanding performance and cost targets
- Create robust and versatile motor simulation models that are organised and adaptable
- Solve complex problems and analyse failures
- Write test requests, review results, and write technical reports
- Build strong inter-departmental working relationships – teamwork is critical to our success
- Champion best practices & procedures
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers as an integral part of a successful engineering journey
- Monitoring and engaging in research of technology and ideas outside the business relevant to the business.
- Experience defining the design specification of electric powertrains at a system level – considering benefits and compromises of the full powertrain
- Experience defining concept and detailed specification of electric motors.
- Thrive under pressure and relishing a challenge
- Experience in innovating and delivering, solutions to difficult problems
- Experienced in 2D and 3D Motor design software (preferably MotorCAD and Opera) and other key simulation/analysis packages
- Experience with mechanical design of electric motors or worked closely with mechanical engineers.
- Practical experience of analysing performance, safety and failures of electric motors.
- Experience in manufacturing methods related to electric motor design.
- Operating in an engineering led, challenging, design team environment.
- Understanding of materials used in electric motors and the fundamentals defining their performance and limitations.
- Understanding of testing methodologies of electric powertrains.
- Understanding of software and control systems of electric powertrains.
- Understanding of future technology developments and their readiness for racing applications
- 2:1 degree (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Passionate about engineering
- Creative, innovative and curious
- Committed to delivering to the highest standards
- Autonomous, taking ownership and responsibility
- Dedicated to relentlessly pursuing perfection
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Committed to tracking and investigating future technology developments
Please send your CV ASAP – urgent
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering