We are looking for a Hardware engineer operating at Senior or Principal level. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to develop within a large defence company with a great heritage, working within the communication systems department.
A broad knowledge of Electronic Engineering combined with Electronic design experience is vital for this role, hands on experience and in-depth technical knowledge.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Specify, design and prove/verify digital and analogue electronic hardware in order to deliver high quality electronic hardware that meets the requirements in a timely manner and within budget.
- Perform design calculations and carry out simulations using industry standard tools, and prototype as required, in order to estimate performance, identify high-risk areas and ensure high quality designs that require minimal re-design.
- Develop and test/verify electronic hardware according to the hardware development process.
- Estimate time and effort required for electronic hardware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture and design are selected.
- Work with production test to ensure designs are suitable for volume production. Support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays.
- Work constructively with other team members, actively contributing to design reviews, to ensure a collaborative working environment.
- Explains technically complex concepts clearly to less technical/involved parties.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual to ensure compliance with Government regulations.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of one or more of the following;
- Experience of high-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
- Experience of analogue circuit design and switched-mode power supply design
- Able to design reliable power supplies that meet requirements and analyse against all input and output conditions across temperature, and estimate performance accurately.
- Competent with schematic capture tools and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
- Must have developed large, complex designs requiring multi-layer PCBs (and PCB stack-up design).
- Appreciation of design and test for EMC and TEMPEST.
- Experience of DOORS, PADS and/or PSpice.