Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Rugby, up to £50,000
This is an excellent opportunity to join the R and D Team of a world class Midlands-based Inventory Management Systems manufacturer. Due to our continued growth, we are now looking to add to our Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to conceptualise, design and develop new mechanical products to meet requirements including cost, quality & time targets. Legacy product management is a significant aspect of this position and candidates focus on continuous improvement is critical.
The role is responsible for all aspects of new product design including; 3D modelling, 3D Assembly configurations, 2D drafting, theoretical design analysis, product manufacturability and product validation and quality, as well as product costings. Close collaboration with Electronic Engineering colleagues will be expected to facilitate form factor and fit of electrical/electronic subassemblies.
- Create concepts and production designs to meet requirement specifications, considering cost, quality and timescale.
- Ensure DFA and DFM are integrated in product design.
- Create designs in Solidworks 3D CAD
- Create component, assembly and engineering drawings
- Communicate with existing and new suppliers to source components and materials for new products.
- Bills of Materials management across New and Existing products.
- Strong background in a Mechanical Design Role
- Proficient to a high level in Solidworks Professional CAD. (SW Certified desirable but training can be provided).
- Design of sheet metal products, CNC turned and milled parts and plastic components for injection moulding, extrusion and thermoforming.
- Document Revision Management software such as Solidworks EPDM Vault or Teamcenter
Salary and Benefits
FOR AN IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW…
Email your up to date CV to m a r t i n . b y r n e @ r t r s . c o . u k