Team Leader Test Solutions
Are you currently an experienced Test Engineer Team leader looking for your next exciting career move? We have a great opportunity for a Test Engineer Team Leader to play an important role within a global Aerospace and Defence company.
You will be responsible for leading a team of test engineers in the delivery and support of test solutions through the product lifecycle to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost targets are met.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and direct the team with day-to-day tasking, prioritisation and resource planning.
- Develop the teams’ performance and capability through effective people management. Work with the Test Engineering Manager to develop the team with well-defined development plans aligned to business needs.
- Work alongside the Test Engineering Manager to assess the impact of the test strategy roadmap on the team’s tools and capabilities and advise what activities are required for training and development and tool support.
- When required, be the deputy for the Test Engineering Manager in their absence.
- Take ownership of governance overview to ensure that the delivery of test solutions is in alignment with the BMS prescribed processes and in conjunction with the Lifecycle Management process. Support tailoring activities in alignment with the BMS processes.
- Be the main point of contact for the co-ordination and governance of bid activity ensuring solutions proposed are in alignment with the overall test strategy roadmap, including identification of risks and opportunities. Along with the Test Engineering Manager’s overall sign off, you will be the technical sign off within Test Engineering prior to submission of the costings into the bid function.
- Generate, review and deliver the test strategy roadmap. You will be required to construct valid business cases that maximise gain whilst minimising the impact to the business. You will be accountable for the delivery of these projects from the initial generation phase through to project close.
Test Solution Development
- Working with test requirement specifications to define, construct, validate and deliver capable test solutions and associated technical documentation to time and budget, at all points of the Life Cycle from early prototype, through production volume handover to through life support.
- Proven experience of team leadership, driving technical delivery alongside proactive people management to create a high-performing team environment
- A good understanding of engineering principles and experience across the lifecycle of product development and delivery
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and decision-making within projects involving complexity and uncertainty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Experience of work package management, cost and schedule planning and tracking, and reporting of key metrics
- Experience of strategy development and a skilled practitioner in the delivery of cost effective test solutions
- Experience of risk identification and management
- Knowledge of SAP and other enterprise tools to extract key data for planning purposes
- Experience of working in the Defence Electronics sector
- Experience of working with Optical and RF Test Solutions
- Experience/knowledge of NI Test Systems including LabVIEW and TestStand
- Experience/knowledge of Analogue/Digital electronics