Senior Systems Engineer
Attention Systems Engineers!
I have an opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and grow their skills and knowledge within global Aerospace and Defence organisation. Good understanding of all aspects of Systems Engineering is imperative for the role, specific experience in a Model Driven Engineering environment using modelling tools such as Matlab & Simulink is particularly sought after for this role.
This is an exciting role to engage in a wide variety of Systems Engineering activities covering the entire engineering lifecycle, with the ability for personal development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The preparation of system and sub-system technical requirements and their dissemination to appropriate engineering functions.
- Technical support to the development of current and future systems architectures/designs and their implementation.
- Through practical adoption of model-based systems engineering and model-driven engineering techniques, operate as a focal point for the development of systems through all stages of the lifecycle in conjunction with the other involved engineering disciplines.
- Maintaining an organised record of project related decisions, capture of specification and design artefacts as appropriate for each stage in the engineering lifecycle, risks, actions & opportunities. Where practical, this will be naturally integrated within the model-based approaches adopted.
- Adherence to, and participation within Engineering governance e.g. policy, framework processes, design reviews.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements through to acceptance testing
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches and the use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Awareness of Functional analysis and Specification development
- The ability to work with, and define work for, other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers
- Conducting, analysing and reporting of qualification testing to support design certification
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management
- Previous experience working with Electro-Optical Systems, CCTV/thermal imaging.
- Previous experience working with communication systems
- Previous experience working with missile systems
- Experience working on Bids & Proposals
- Knowledge of military and international specifications and standards
- Awareness and interest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology
Occasional driving/travel may be required within the UK, Europe or even worldwide. This role would generally be office/lab based with use of DSE equipment. Possible use of lasers.