We have an exciting opportunity to join a leading Defence organisation within a busy Bid Management team. You will be responsible for re-writing/editing draft responses and converting complex solutions into compelling narrative.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage content planning sessions with bid team members and key stakeholders;
- Proactively develop compelling content provided by subject matter experts (using a variety of techniques such as ‘interviews’ to obtain information);
- Assist the Bid team in developing proposal structure;
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant;
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Bid team against agreed deadlines, escalating issues as required;
- Re-write/edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from business development, technical / product teams, innovation and delivery;
- Ability to coach internal stakeholders in writing best practice;
- Undertake other tasks to support the team where required;
- Comply with Company policies and procedures (including the Business Management System);
- Adhere to the Company values.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a busy team in a fast-moving, commercial environment working to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills
- Degree educated (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / professional writing background.
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to use and update proposal automation software (or similar)
- Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level.