Systems Test Team Leader
RTRS are supporting Thales on an exclusive basis to recruit this role for their Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) rail division in Cheadle.
IVVQ Team Leader
Location: Cheadle, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
IVVQ Team Leader
Location: Cheadle, Greater Manchester
Thales Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) UK is embarking on an ambitious growth plans to help meet our customer’s digital transformation challenges. We are working on some significant bids such as HS2 with high profile partners and these exciting future projects require talented engineers to design, innovate and deliver solutions to shape the future high speed railways of the UK. Alongside this exciting growth we are also embarking on ambitious plans to develop our Digital solutions and have recently announced the Digital Competence Centre in Manchester. As a key part of enabling this vision and growth, we are looking for engineers with a background in communication systems to help shape our technical solutions and we need you!
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Work within the IVVQ and Bid teams as a specialised Integration and Verification, Validation Qualification (IVVQ) Team Leader. The IVVQ Team Leader will be expected to be able to apply expert level knowledge of IV&V techniques and approaches to plan and implement formal and informal testing strategies to verify the correct integration of internal and external interfaces in accordance with the project requirements and customer needs for Traffic Management Systems.
Depending on the project phase and needs, the IVVQ Team Leader will work as an individual Technical leader. Tasks will range from fault investigations to informal and formal test sessions at customer sites using live or simulated data. The IVVQ Lead may also be asked to provide technical leadership as part of a larger integration and testing effort, this may include:
- Developing pragmatic strategies for the overall integration and testing as part of the Digital Rail Initiative.
- Long term and sustained leadership of IVVQ specialist knowledge within the BL team.
- Challenging and or improving the generally accepted IVVQ practices and/or procedures.
- Mentorship and teaching of other IVVQ members in the conduct of IVVQ activities.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Plan, develop, document, and coordinate IVVQ activities from Software Integration to Site Acceptance.
- Create and implement IVVQ strategies for current delivery and future projects.
- Provide advanced technical leadership for fault investigation/rectification and test activities as required.
- Ensure all resources (equipment, tools and personnel) are available on the planned date.
- Act as a mentor and/or instructor to more junior members of the IVVQ teams on a consistent and sustained basis.
- Works with the test team and design teams to develop novel approaches to identify and resolve problems.
- Direct testing activities of a team of IVVQ engineers.
- Carryout problem solving to effect positive change with respect to quality, costs, test cycle reductions and ease of test.
- Ensure the required test evidence is captured and recorded within the VCRI.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with the customer.
- Work closely with the Digital Rail team.
We are looking for a motivated and forward thinking professional with knowledge of IV&VQ from software integration through to user acceptance. You will be able to develop and implement test strategies; testing and commissioning experience would be advantageous. You will possess excellent communication skills; able to communicate complex technical issues to all levels of management, technical staff and the customer.
- You will have led teams of Systems Test Engineers within an organisation the supports Software and Electronics projects / products.