Product Owner / Business Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst/Product Owner to join a global leader in Maritime Domain Awareness. If you consider yourself a well-balanced Technical Business Analyst / Product Owner with the ability to understand business requirements and technical limitations, this may be the role for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work closely with stakeholders such as the Product Manager and Development Team to maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Understanding and translating the needs of the customers and end users of the product
- Overall ownership for creating and maintaining low level product requirement documentation
- Deriving Functional and Non-Functional requirements, user story’s and acceptance criteria from the high-level requirements
- Work with the development teams and stakeholders to assess value, prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure that work focuses on those features with maximum value, aligned with product strategy and roadmap
- Work as part of a cross functional agile project team from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared requirements/user stories to work on
- Providing a sprint goal and new user stories for sprint planning
- Giving feedback to the development team during the sprint to the work accomplished by the development team
- Reflecting and taking action as a team member in the sprint retrospective.
- Helping the team to continuously improve their process.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Work closely with the software development team, Product Management and Customer Support Team as well as business users and Senior Management, as required
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst for a minimum of 3 years within a product development environment
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g Computer Science, Engineering)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to produce clear and detailed documentation for internal and external audiences
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook with a passion for product development with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and understand complex systems, new functions and features
- Ability to use a systematic approach to prioritise tasks
- Ideally, experience in product development of both embedded software and web applications
- Experience of working with relational databases
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles and agile/project management tools such as Jira
- Recognised Agile qualification – e.g. Certified Product Owner
- Knowledge of software and system security requirements
- Experience in command, control and/or electronic monitoring systems, ideally for maritime and/or security/defence markets
- Background in communications and monitoring systems including multiple technologies such as Radar, marine automatic identification systems (AIS) and VHF communications