This requirement to grow the System Architect team is in support the growth of Systems Integrator (SI) programmes being concurrently delivered.
The System Architect activities will range from SI Enterprise Architecture design, identification of technical solutions & architectures, technical lead in bids and external studies, scope of and participation in PV and support to Capability Management for product portfolios.
- Proposing and evaluating alternative technical approaches to delivering prime contract capability and systems to the customer.
- Generation of white papers to shape thinking within the stakeholder community.
- Developing the solution architecture for optimum cost effectiveness and URD compliance
- Developing a combination of systems and software solutions.
- Produce candidate system architectures and derive requirements at all system levels
- Work with the Bid & Project Manager to estimate the cost of solutions.
- Perform cost benefit analysis of system component development verses COTS procurement.
- Contribute to the development of Enterprise Architectures for Major campaigns and programmes.
- University degree – essential
- Chartered engineer – desirable
- UK SC clearance
- Significant experience developing communications and/or vehicle mission systems based architectures, products and systems, throughout the full lifecycle – essential
- Experience of dealing with customers at a senior technical level – essential
- Experience of estimating costs and technical risk for each solution approach is essential
- Experience of full CADMID life cycle for product and system development – concept through to disposal
- Experience of military electronic systems including an understanding of interoperability, scenarios and customer needs is highly desirable
- Knowledge of military communications architecture[s] and principles is highly desirable
- Experience of military command and control networks in the Land and Maritime context is desirable
- Experience of the methodology and production of the engineering documentation necessary to support a competitive tender is highly desirable
- Ability to understand customer’s business / technical needs and the ability to translate them into a technical solution, using language that customers can understand
- Excellent problem solving and innovation skills
- Driving an organisation to achieve short term goals and long term strategy
- Empowering others
- Motivating and communicating
- Challenging and continuously improving